Other highlights from the fair include:
• Toy Drive at Toy Fair 2012 Projected to Impact 25,000 Children in Need The Toy Industry Foundation (TIF) capped off the 109th American International Toy Fair with its largest Toy Bank collection of the year on Wednesday, February 15th, when an army of volunteers in bright orange t-shirts scoured the show floor collecting toys, games and plush worth a projected $250,000.
• 2012 Toy Trends Unveiled by Industry Experts After scouring through 100,000+ products now on display at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City, TIA's trend experts have laid out a fresh crop of trends that will connect, glow, teach, "WOW" and hit a "high note" with kids of all ages. The six toy categories are: GENERATION APP, GLOWING WILD, LITTLE LEARNERS, MANY WAYS TO PLAY!, SAVE 'N' SPLURGE and YOUNG MAESTROS.
• Toy Industry Association Elects Leadership at Annual Business Meeting At its Annual Business Meeting held earlier today, the Toy Industry Association (TIA) announced the election of two new members to the TIA Board of Directors, marking the first-ever retail executive and sales representative to join the TIA Board. The meeting also saw the chairmanship gavel pass to Soren Torp Laursen of LEGO Systems from retiring Board Chairman Bryan Stockton of Mattel. Additionally, these exciting product announcements were made:
• Gift and home décor source Demdaco launched Nat & Jules, its new juvenile plush and gift division, during Toy Fair this week. The new division is composed of three lines: Baby, Christmas and Everyday. Baby includes plush, blankets and rattles in traditional pink and blue colorways, Noah's Ark-themed plush, a Tender Blessings line of plush and activity dolls for newborns and young toddlers. Christmas features various plush animals decked out in holiday and seasonal garb, and Everyday includes a range of animal plush collections including dogs and cats, woodland, sea life, jungle and more. The Everyday line also includes backpack clips and plush flowers.
• From the makers of the award-winning Twilight Turtle™ and Sleep Sheep™, comes the highly anticipated Tranquil Turtle™. Tranquil Turtle™ by Cloud b made its debut at Toy Fair 2012 in New York City and is the first product in the new Tranquil Lagoon™ Collection. The innovative new toy transforms any room into a peaceful seaside oasis. Tranquil Turtle™ projects a magical underwater light effect with a gentle wave motion and plays two soothing sounds to help children sleep. To learn more, please visit cloudb.com.